Home 49ers Draft Notes: D.K. Metcalf, Jonah Williams, N’Keal Harry, Cornerbacks
- Matt Miller of B/R hears that the Bills and Packers could make Ole Miss WR D.K. Metcalf a top-15 pick and no one he’s spoken with has disregarded these rumors.
- However, Miller says many scouts are torn on Metcalf and believe he’s a second-round prospect.
- Mike Garafolo says that Alabama OT Jonah Williams‘ stock is rising and could be a potential top-10 pick this year.
- While there has been some talk about Williams possibly playing guard in the NFL, Garafolo mentions that teams believe he’ll be a tackle.
- Garafolo notes that Bills OC Brian Daboll knows Williams from his time at Alabama and other teams such as the Giants, Jets and Jaguars all like him as a prospect.
- Arizona State WR N’Keal Harry has made official visits to see the Bills, Saints and Patriots this week and is scheduled to meet with the Seahawks and 49ers next week. (Tony Pauline)
mentions that multiple decision-makers and scouts believe a run on cornerbacks could start in the 20s.
Miller says that the Steelers are the first team most around the NFL expect to grab a cornerback.
From there, Miller says the Raiders, Eagles, Colts, Chargers, Chiefs and Rams all could at least consider a cornerback.
- Ian Rapoport reports that LSU CB Greedy Williams has had no pre-draft visits and it appears no private workouts, either. Rapoport says that Williams has had some dinners and meetings, but that’s all.