Colin Kaepernick held his Saturday workout a high school in Atlanta after moving the session from the Falcons’ practice facility.
The NFL announced that 25 teams had representatives on hand for the scheduled workout before Kaepernick announced it was being moved.
Here’s a collection of notes regarding Kaepernick’s workout and the fallout:
- After the workout, Kaepernick’s made the following statement: “I’ve been ready for three years. I’ve been denied for three years. We all know why I came out here: showed it today in front of everybody. We have nothing to hide. So we’re waiting for the 32 owners, 32 teams, Roger Goodell, all of them stop running. Stop running from the truth. Stop running from the people. We’re out here. We’re ready to play. We’re ready to go anywhere. My agent, Jeff Nalley, is ready to talk any team. I’ll interview with any team at any time. I’ve been ready.” (Vaughn McClure)
- Receivers Bruce Ellington, Brice Butler, Jordan Veasy and Ari Werts caught passes from Kaepernick on Saturday with Panthers S Eric Reid in attendance. (Kaylee Hartung)
- According to Jourdan Rodrigue, Kaepernick thanked scouts from the Redskins, Jets and Chiefs and told them: “When you go back, tell your owners to stop being scared.”
- Eagles executive VP Andrew Berry was among those in attendance on Saturday. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Adam Schefter reports that the Chiefs, Jets, Eagles, Titans, 49ers, Redskins and Lions, along with an unknown team, were on hand for Kaepernick’s workout.
- Jeff Nalley, Kaepernick’s agent, said there were eight teams on hand for the workout. (Vaughn McClure)
- Nalley said he’s skeptical about the whole process, but he’s hopeful that Kaepernick gets signed at some point. (Vaughn McClure)
- Regarding this workout, an NFL executive tells Adam Schefter that Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.
- Howard Bryant reports that Kaepernick’s team and the NFL had not formally spoken since February after the two sides agreed to settle his and Eric Reid’s collusion lawsuit.