Field Yates of ESPN points out that there’s one week remaining for NFL teams to negotiate contract extensions for their franchise players.
The official deadline is Thursday, July 15 at 4 pm EST.
If extensions are not in place before then, players will play out the season under their franchise tender and position themselves to hit the free agent market again in 2022.
There were 10 players franchised this offseason and three of them have already signed extensions with their respective teams including Cowboys QB Dak Prescott, Broncos S Justin Simmons and Giants DL Leonard Williams.
Here’s the list of franchise players still eligible for extensions before the deadline:
- Bears WR Allen Robinson ($17.88 million)
- Buccaneers WR Chris Godwin ($15.983 million)
- Jaguars LT Cam Robinson ($13.754 million)
- Jets S Marcus Maye ($10.612 million)
- Panthers OT Taylor Moton ($13.754 million)
- Saints S Marcus Williams (10.612 million)
- Washington G Brandon Scherff ($18.036 million)
We’ll have more regarding these players as the news is available.