- Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that it will be challenging for the Steelers and franchise RB Le’Veon Bell to reach a long-term contract agreement before Monday’s deadline.
- This comes after the recent comments from Steelers HC Mike Tomlin, who said he’s optimistic a deal can get dome.
- Schefter adds that the two parties will continue to work on an extension in the hours leading up to the deadline.
- According to Adam Schefter, the Cowboys and franchise DE Demarcus Lawrence are unlikely to reach a deal by Monday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline.
- This fits with a recent report from Ian Rapoport who mentioned that Lawrence is expected to play out the 2018 season under the franchise tag, barring a significant turn in contract negotiations.
- Lawrence has made it clear he’s fine with playing out the season under the tag, so this shouldn’t come as a big surprise.
- Adam Schefter reports that no long-term deal between Rams and franchise S Lamarcus Joyner is expected by Monday’s deadline.
- However, the two parties are still in talks regarding a potential deal, so this is at least a situation worth monitoring tomorrow.
- Joyner has already signed his franchise tender worth $11,287,000 fully guaranteed for the 2018 season.
- As expected, Adam Schefter reports that the Lions and franchise DE Ziggy Ansah will not reach a deal by Monday’s deadline to negotiate with franchise players.
- Ian Rapoport reported yesterday that Ansah is expected to play out the 2018 season under the franchise tag.
- The franchise tag will cost the Lions around $17.5 million fully guaranteed for the 2018 season.
We have all of these players featured in our Top 25 – 2019 NFL Free Agents list.