The Giants officially announced new HC Joe Judge‘s staff on Wednesday.
Coach Judge announces full coaching staff
— New York Giants (@Giants) February 5, 2020
The full staff includes:
- Offensive coordinator: Jason Garrett
- Defensive coordinator: Patrick Graham
- Special teams coordinator: Thomas McGaughey
- QB coach: Jerry Schuplinksi
- RB coach: Burton Burns
- TE coach: Freddie Kitchens
- WR coach: Tyke Tolbert
- OL coach: Marc Colombo
- Assistant OL: Ben Wilkerson
- Senior offensive assistant: Derek Dooley
- Offensive assistant: Stephen Brown
- Offensive QC: Bobby Blick
- DL coach: Sean Spencer
- Inside LB coach: Kevin Sherrer
- Outside LB/senior defensive assistant: Bret Bielema
- DB coach: Jerome Henderson
- Assistant DB coach: Anthony Blevins
- Defensive assistant: Jody Wright
- Defensive QC: Mike Treier
- Assistant ST coach: Tom Quinn
Judge has a number of former head coaches on his staff, including Garrett (Cowboys), Kitchens (Browns), Dooley (Tennessee) and Bielema (Wisconsin, Arkansas).
“I think any position on offense is good for Freddie,” Judge said. “He’s got a lot of experience at different positions. He’s been head coach, he’s been a coordinator, he’s been a position coach. He sees it through a lot of different perspectives. What I love about Freddie is he brings an element of toughness and discipline to his room. He brings outside the box thinking a lot of times to how he approaches the game from a game plan perspective. I think he’ll be an asset to working with our offensive coaches and developing the game plan throughout the week. But ultimately, I’ve worked with Freddie, I’ve played for Freddie, and I’ve called against Freddie, and I understand what his players are about.”
Kitchens, 45, began his coaching career back in 1999 as the RBs/TEs coach for Glenville State. He worked for a few schools before being hired by the Cowboys as their TEs coach for the 2006 season.
Kitchens later joined the Cardinals and held a few jobs including TEs coach, QBs coach and RBs coach before joining the Browns as their RBs coach and associate HC. After the team fired Todd Haley, Kitchens took over as offensive coordinator.
Cleveland elected to hire Kitchens as its next head coach for the 2019 season. In his one season as head coach, the Browns went 6-10.