- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Wednesday that DL David Irving isn’t practicing again after sitting out the first week of OTAs last week while working himself back into shape. (Brandon George)
- Cowboys DE Charles Tapper sustained a concussion during OTA practice on Tuesday. (Drew Davison)
Jimmy Kempski of Philly Voice takes a look at four players the Eagles could still potentially trade this offseason, including QB Nick Foles, RB Wendell Smallwood, OL Isaac Seumalo and CB Ronald Darby.
- Regarding Foles, Kempski mentions that the Eagles should be inclined to trade him since they only had five picks in the 2018 NFL Draft, Foles is “highly likely” to be a free agent following this season, and trading him would free up cap space for the next two years.
- As for Smallwood, Kempski points out that the Eagles will likely have just one roster spot available for a fourth running back, which means Smallwood, Donnel Pumphrey, Matt Jones, and rookie Josh Adams could be competing for a single spot this summer.
- According to Kempski, the lack of offensive line depth around the NFL could lead to a team showing interest in Seumalo, who offers some position versatility.
- Darby has previously come up as a potential trade candidate, considering that he’s in the final year of his contract and it could be tough for the Eagles to re-sign him as a free agent in 2019. Trading Darby now would allow the Eagles to recoup a draft pick for 2019 rather than wait for a compensatory pick in 2020.
Giants HC Pat Shurmur said Tuesday that OT Ereck Flowers “[has] been great” since returning to the team.
“He’s been great,” Giants coach Pat Shurmur said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY. “He’s been communicating well. He looks like he’s having fun playing out there. He’s worked in with the offensive line and he’s done everything we’ve asked. And I anticipate that will continue.”
As for Flowers decision to skip workouts a few weeks ago, Shurmur said: “That’s all water under the bridge and it really doesn’t matter.”
“He’s actually done a really good job. He’s an excellent athlete and he’s handling the move pretty seamlessly. Through the first two weeks of his training, I think he’s made improvements.”
- According to Jordan Raanan, Shurmur seems to think that S Landon Collins will be fully recovered from arm surgery in time for training camp after returning to Tuesday’s practice for non-contact drills.
- Giants CBs Eli Apple and B.W. Webb played as the starting outside cornerbacks with William Gay in the slot during Tuesday’s practice with Janoris Jenkins not in attendance. (Jordan Raanan)