- Clarence Hill reports that Cowboys DT David Irving still can’t run without limping and is not close to returning.
- Hills says that it appears Irving’s off-the-field issues are impacting his ability to rehab from a high ankle sprain, given that players typically return within seven weeks
- According to Hill, Cowboys WR Terrance Williams is not an option to return from injured reserve.
- Cowboys G Xavier Su’a-Filo said he believes his left eye is going to be fine and he’ll be able to play in Week 16. (Brandon George)
- Cowboys designated CB C.J. Goodwin to return from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
According to McManus, this fracture occurred during Wentz’s adolescence and is unrelated to the current stress fracture he’s dealing with.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson announced Wednesday that S Chris Maragos will remain on the PUP list for the remainder of the season after recently undergoing a second surgery on his right knee: “It’s been unfortunate for him. He’s been battling this the whole season … but Chris has been such an instrumental part of this team. [We’ve] kept him involved with the defense, with special teams. Gosh, he’s such an inspiration to a lot of the guys with his leadership.” (Mike Kaye)
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur said Wednesday that they are still not considering shutting WR Odell Beckham down for the final two games of the season and he considers their upcoming game “important” and sees value in the team “learning how to win.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants activated WR Cody Latimer from injured reserve. (NFLTR)