“100 percent (behind him). Everyone knows the business side of things are a little messy and you never know how it might turn out. We just focused on what we got to do out here and that’s his business,” said Jackson, via Calvin Watkins.
- Colts executive Stephen Jones said LB Chris Covington is likely to start camp on the non-football injury list after sustaining a hamstring issue during conditioning tests. (Todd Archer)
- Calvin Watkins writes that the Cowboys have given Cowboys C Travis Frederick (Guillain-Barre Syndrome) has been given medical clearance to play without limitations but will be “watched closely” going forward.
- Charles Robinson does not think the Eagles would pursue a trade for Texans franchise OLB Jadeveon Clowney if he was put on the trade block, given that he does not fit their salary cap situation or team culture.
- Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports hears that Eagles GM Howie Roseman is already working the phones and staying in contact with other teams on potential trades.
- La Canfora suspects that the Eagles may feel like they have too many skill position players to get on the field this season.
- Eagles LT Jason Peters said of the team drafting Andre Dillard: “Oh yeah, we’re just renting. You’re just renting a spot, and when they’re ready to get you out of there, they draft somebody high — whether it’s two years out, a year out, they’re going to put him in at some point.” (Zach Berman)
- Eagles’ second-round RB Miles Sanders said he is still being eased back into practice after sustaining a hamstring injury during their spring program. Regardless, Sanders said he is feeling “100 percent” healthy. (Jeff McLane)
Giants’ veteran QB Eli Manning says he is focused on being successful in 2019 and hopes to show the younger players a winning culture.
“I try not to reflect much,” Manning said, via Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News. “I think it’s all about what I can do this year, what I can do right now. And I think about the players we have on this team. I want those guys to experience some of the successes that we’ve had here at the Giants in the past: to make playoffs, and to win championships, and to get on win streaks and feel like you’re playing better than anybody else in the league at that moment.”
Regarding competing with Giants’ first-round QB Daniel Jones, Manning said it has not changed his approach this offseason.
“I think you deal with it in, hey, I have a job to go out there and do my best. It hasn’t changed for 16 years and it never will,” Manning said.
- The Giants worked out WR Flynn Nagel. (Pat Leonard)
- According to Ryan Dunleavy, the Giants worked out UDFA QB Jalan McClendon along with receivers on Saturday.
- According to Dan Duggan, OLB Markus Golden was carted off, CB Grant Haley limped off and WR Brittan Golden left thigh was wrapped after going down after a long catch and run.