- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said of hiring a college head coach in an interview with 105.3 The Fan: “College coaches coming directly into head coach have the lowest percentage rate of success as opposed to coming from coordinators. You pay a price for somebody to get up to date.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Jones added that he’s been impressed by Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley and Baylor HC Matt Rhule: “I am impressed with him. But boy, I am impressed with Baylor’s Rhule, too. Those were two outstanding coaches at the stadium this weekend …They’ve done great jobs.” (Michael Gehlken)
- Regarding QB Dak Prescott, Cowboys VP Stephen Jones said: “I’m more convicted than ever after watching him play this year that he can do everything we need to do to win championships.” (Jori Epstein)
- OUT for Week 15: LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: WR Ventell Bryant (knee), LB Sean Lee (pectoral, thigh)
Eagles LB Kamu Grugier-Hill says he lied to the team about a concussion he suffered on the first play of their game against the Dolphins two weeks ago. He didn’t inform the medical staff of the issue until four days later at which point he was still dealing with headaches.
“I just basically lied to them,” Grugier-Hill said, via Dave Zangaro of NBC Philadelphia. “I thought it would just go away. Just didn’t really say anything about it. It got to the point where I really couldn’t lie to them anymore.”
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice writes that if a team were to offer the Eagles a fifth- or sixth-round pick for CB Sidney Jones, it could be a deal that makes sense for all parties involved. Jones would get a fresh start with a new team and the Eagles would recoup a draft pick after using a second-rounder on him a few years ago
- Kempski can see the Eagles re-signing DT Timmy Jernigan to a relatively cheap deal next year.
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said Friday that WR Alshon Jeffery has a Lisfranc injury and will undergo surgery. (Jimmy Kempski)
- Jeff McLane reports that Jeffery’s timetable for return from surgery to correct a Lisfranc foot injury is roughly nine months. If it only takes nine months for Jeffery to return, he would be back right around the beginning of the 2020 NFL season.
- According to Pederson, RB Jordan Howard still hasn’t been cleared for contact. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- OUT for Week 15: T Lane Johnson (ankle)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 15: WR Nelson Agholor (knee), DE Derek Barnett (ankle), CB Ronald Darby (hip flexor), RB Jordan Howard (shoulder)
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur left the door open to starting Eli Manning for the remainder of the season: “He may be the starter in the last two.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants RB Saquon Barkley admitted that he’s still dealing with the mental hurdles that come from working his way back from a serious ankle injury: “It’s not so much the injury that, I guess you could say, is holding me back. Even though physically you feel like you’re back, mentally you might be telling yourself that you’re back, but you watch yourself on film and see that you’re running and you’re protecting yourself. You just don’t really think you’re doing it but naturally it’s just happening.” (Dan Duggan)
- Art Stapleton reports that Giants TE Evan Engram is no longer expected to play on Sunday against the Dolphins.
- The Giants waived CB Janoris Jenkins with an injury designation. However, Ralph Vacchiano reports that Jenkins’ ankle injury isn’t serious and he could play again this season.
- OUT for Week 15: TE Rhett Ellison (concussion), TE Evan Engram (foot), QB Daniel Jones (ankle), G Kevin Zeitler (ankle, wrist)