- The Athletic’s Jon Machota lists former Ohio State HC Urban Meyer, Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley, Saints HC Sean Payton, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer and former Panthers HC Ron Rivera as potential fits for the Cowboys’ next head coach.
- The Philly Voice’s Jimmy Kempski writes it would make considerable sense for the Eagles to pursue a trade for Browns WR Odell Beckham this offseason if he’s truly available given their considerable need at the position.
- Beckham is quite affordable for the duration of his contract at cap hits of $14.25 million and $15.75 million over the next two seasons, though it stands to reason he could ask for a new deal.
- Kempski adds the 2020 free agent class of wide receivers looks underwhelming, though the 2020 rookie receiver class looks strong, which merits some consideration if the Browns demand a first-round pick.
- Tom Pelissero reports the Giants’s three-year extension for P Riley Dixon is worth $8.7 million.
- Per the Athletic’s Dan Duggan, Giants QB Eli Manning said his stint on the bench taught him he won’t try to get back in the NFL when his playing days are over: “I learned I don’t want to get into coaching. I don’t like it. I don’t like doing that aspect.”
- According to NBC Sports’ JP Finlay, Redskins RB Derrius Guice will miss this coming week’s game against the Eagles with his knee injury.
- Finlay adds Guice’s status for the rest of the year is still uncertain.
- Redskins LB Ryan Kerrigan will also miss this week with a calf injury, per interim HC Bill Callahan. (John Keim)