Todd Archer takes a look at some Cowboys free agents other than notable players like QB Dak Prescott and WR Amari Cooper, both of whom Archer expects to be back in Dallas.
- Archer mentions that veteran DE Robert Quinn will likely command more in free agency than the Cowboys can afford.
- Regarding DE Michael Bennett, Archer notes that he’s committed too many penalties since being acquired and there’s a question as to whether he wants to play another season.
- According to Archer, Cowboys DT Maliek Collins could end up securing more money from another a team, even though his production hasn’t been as great as some anticipated.
- According to Ian Rapoport, Eagles CB Ronald Darby suffered a grade 2 hip flexor strain, but he should be fine in a month or so and won’t require surgery.
- The Eagles officially placed Darby on injured reserve Tuesday.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Giants are mulling changes to coaching and/or front office.
- Sources tell La Canfora that the Giants’ head-coaching job would have “particular cache” with Baylor HC Matt Rhule.
- Field Yates reports that the Giants also placed a waiver claim for OLB Sharif Finch, who was ultimately claimed by the Bengals.
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Redskins have done a lot of homework on Stanford’s David Shaw.
- While Shaw has resisted NFL interest in year’s past, La Canfora says some believe he might listen a little more this time around.
- Redskins rookie WR Terry McLaurin is in the concussion protocol. (John Keim)