Cowboys’ backup QB Andy Dalton mentioned that he is already looking ahead to the next offseason for possible starting roles.
“I believe I’m a starter in this league, and I feel like I could bring a lot to the table,” Dalton said, via Todd Archer. “I know I’m on a one-year deal. I understand the market’s going to be a little bit different next offseason. For me, I’m trying to set myself up and put myself in the best position.”
Dalton added that he “mindset” is to be a valuable backup to Dak Prescott and understands the role he’s signed to.
“My mindset is, I’m going try to be the biggest asset to this team, try to help out this offense, help out Dak, help out everybody as much as I can,” Dalton said, via Archer. “It’s a different perspective for me since I’ve been a starter the last nine years; but I understand the position I’m coming into and the role I’m going to play.”
- Football Outsiders via ESPN lists linebacker as the biggest hole remaining on the Eagles’ roster, with a projected starting duo of Nathan Gerry and T.J. Edwards along with third-round rookie Davion Taylor.
- Eagles restructured CB Rasul Douglas‘ contract. (NFLTR)
- Football Outsiders via ESPN lists wide receiver as the biggest hole on the Giants despite a top-three of Golden Tate, Sterling Shepard and Darius Slayton — the rationale being that Tate is 32 and a potential cap casualty following the 2020 season, Shepard has had migraine and concussion issues and Slayton might be just a deep threat.
- Giants signed seventh-round LB Tae Crowder. (NFLTR)
- Football Outsiders via ESPN lists tight end as the biggest hole left on the Redskins’ roster, with the current depth chart consisting of Logan Thomas, Jeremy Sprinkle and Hale Hentges.
- Redskins HC Ron Rivera liked the team’s offseason so much he thinks the team might shock some prognosticators who have Washington as a rebuilding team: “The turnaround can be a little bit quicker than expected, at least I expected.” (Washington Post)
- Redskins QB Dwayne Haskins has already noticed a difference with Rivera onboard compared to his rookie season: “A lot of times last year, I thought we were dragging. This year, I feel a new sense of urgency. That’s what is fun about football. It’s the ‘want to’ to play your best in every situation.” (Dwayne Haskins)