- According to Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson, Cowboys QB Dak Prescott‘s negotiating team is seeking to top Seahawks QB Russell Wilson‘s $35 million average per year, currently the highest salary for quarterbacks.
- Robinson adds Prescott could seek more, maybe as much as the $40 million per year previously reported, if he plays well in 2019.
- Cowboys DE Robert Quinn called his two-game suspension “frustrating” though there’s nothing else he can do to fight it: “We did what we had to do to defend me. … This is just life. This is nothing. I’ve been through a lot worse than a messed up hand and a couple games. This is just life. You deal with adversity.” (Jon Machota)
- Quinn is recovering from a broken hand but expects to be ready to play by the time his suspension concluded: “Just rest and relaxation and let it recover. I’ll be back soon enough.” (Machota)
- Cowboys LB Jaylon Smith missed practice Monday after tweaking the same knee he notably injured in college during a bowl game. However, he’s expected to be fine and return to practice Tuesday. (Calvin Watkins)
- According to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Eagles G Brandon Brooks is hoping to be cleared for full-team practice on Wednesday. Brooks suffered an Achilles tear in the playoff loss to New Orleans seven months ago and is targeting a return by Week 1.
- The Eagles have interest in signing former Army OT Brett Toth if he’s allowed to play by the Army, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Schefter adds there are other teams interested in Toth besides the Eagles.
- Eagles DE Brandon Graham says QB Nick Foles was discussing retiring at the end of the year early in 2017 before Graham recommended acupuncture. Foles ended up leading Philadelphia to a Super Bowl win: “He was just saying that pushing through some of the injuries he had was a little much. Now it’s like, ‘Man, look at him now.’” (Tim McManus)
- Eagles RB Donnel Pumphrey worked with the wide receivers on Tuesday. (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Eagles re-signed DT Aziz Shittu.
- Eagles waived S Blake Countess with an injury settlement. (NFLTR)
- Eagles placed WR Shelton Gibson on injured reserve after clearing waivers.
- Per ESPN’s Jordan Raanan, Giants co-owner John Mara said in an ideal situation first-round QB Daniel Jones doesn’t play in 2019, as that would mean starter Eli Manning is playing well and the Giants are winning: “I hope Eli has a great year and Daniel never sees the field. That would be an ideal world. We would like to see that.”
- Mara added he’s confident in GM Dave Gettleman and his plan to rebuild the team, saying he’s been encouraged by the past two draft classes: “I think the best thing for me about Dave is he makes decisions that he feels are in the best interest of the franchise and he doesn’t give a damn what people think about it.” (Dan Duggan)
- Giants first-round CB Deandre Baker says he wasn’t nervous when his knee injury initially happened and expects to be ready for the season opener. (Raanan)
- Giants placed WR Amba Etta-Tawo on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Giants signed TE Jake Powell.
- Giants waived TE Isaiah Searight with an injury designation.
- Giants waived DE Alex Jenkins.
- Per ESPN’s John Keim, Redskins HC Jay Gruden says the medical staff still has not cleared RB Derrius Guice to play, though the second-year runner has been practicing.
- Guice tore his ACL during his first career preseason game in 2018 and missed his entire rookie season.