- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told reporters that they needed to move on without WR Dez Bryant and felt it was best to release him a few weeks ago: “I have no thoughts about the timing when we decided to move on [from Dez Bryant]. … I think a nice, crisp time to call it a day was the way to do this. We need to move on knowing that we don’t have Dez.” (Jon Machota)
- Stephen Jones said he’s expecting LB Jaylon Smith “to take a big step this year.” (Drew Davison)
- Jones added they’ll be looking to bring in some depth at linebacker, but he “feels good” about what they have at the position right now if they had to play today. (Jon Machota)
- According to Stephen Jones, the Cowboys have around 17 prospects with first-round grades. (Drew Davison)
- Jerry Jones indicated that they expect to draft a receiver in the first or second round. (Charean Williams)
- Stephen Jones said he likes the flexibility of their current offensive line unit and believes La’el Collins can be outstanding at either guard or tackle while Cameron Fleming can play left or right tackle. (Jon Machota)
- Regarding the recent situation involving DL David Irving and his girlfriend, Jones said: “We’re really gathering the information. We’ll see where that comes out. The authorities are really doing the leg work and we’ll let that get resolved as far as the facts.” (Jon Machota)
- Nick Foles told reporters on Tuesday that he didn’t go to the Eagles and ask to be traded in order to get an opportunity to start somewhere else. (Zach Berman)
- Foles did, however, say that he wants to lead a team again, but he’s happy in Philadelphia and with the Eagles: “I’m not banging on the table at all.“
- Foles also admitted that it could be a tricky situation with Cason Wentz if they weren’t so close. Foles added that everyone understands their roles. (Zach Berman)
- New Giants HC Pat Shurmur told reporters on Tuesday that he “absolutely” expects WR Odell Beckham Jr to be with the team for the 2018 season. (Jane Slater)
- Shurmur added that Beckham is not ready physically to take part in minicamp, but he’s in attendance for workouts.
- Regarding QB Eli Manning, Shurmur said: “Working with Eli Manning is a real joy. I see a guy who really cares. I see a guy at the latter stages of his career looking forward to learning a new offense.” (Matt Lombardo)
- As for OT Ereck Flowers, Shurmur said: “He’s not here, so there’s not really much to say. That’s my feelings. … We understand that this is a program that is voluntary. I tend to believe it is very necessary, but he’s not here.”(Art Stapleton)
- Giants RB Paul Perkins appears to be dealing with a pectoral injury and had his arm in a sling during Tuesday’s minicamp session. (Art Stapleton)
- Redskins executive Doug Williams said of their available free agent options: “We’re going to deal with the draft now and the second wave of free agency after.” (JP Finlay)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!