- According to ESPN’s Todd Archer, Cowboys OT Tyron Smith‘s high ankle sprain is not as severe as initially feared. Smith availability for next week is in question, but the injury shouldn’t be one that keeps him out for a while.
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Monday they’re placing S Kavon Frazier on injured reserve with a pectoral tear. (Calvin Watkins)
- According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Eagles DB Avonte Maddox is week-to-week and will likely miss a few games with a neck sprain suffered during Thursday night’s game.
- Eagles RB coach Duce Staley says the team will continue to split the load at running back between Jordan Howard, second-round rookie Miles Sanders and Darren Sproles: “We have a three-headed monster. It’s been like that for a while around here and it will continue to be. Each and every week, the gameplan itself changes.” (Zack Rosenblatt)
- Per ESPN’s Field Yates, Giants WR Golden Tate will return from suspension this week.
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur said he’s expecting Tate to step in and contribute immediately: “He should be fresh and ready to go.” (Giants)
- Shurmer added “there’s a chance” LBs Alec Ogletree and Tae Davis could return to play this coming week. (Ralph Vacchiano)
The Redskins lost to the Giants 24-3 on Sunday to fall to 0-4 on the season. Still, Redskins G Ereck Flowers said he infinitely prefers being in Washington instead of New York, where his tenure as a former first-round pick and failed offensive tackle left hard feelings between him and the fans, Giants GM Dave Gettleman and HC Pat Shurmur.
“[Expletive], nobody is more happy not to be here than me,” Flowers said via Darryl Slater of NJ.com. “This has been so much more of an enjoyable experience, man. I’m not looking back at my time there. Being here [with the Giants] for me was just toxic. It was toxic on the field, off the field. It doesn’t fit me.”
“Once they get back to losing, the stadium will be back empty,” Flowers added. “That’s how I feel about them. I don’t care for Giants fans. They feel about me how I feel about dentists. I don’t care for this place much. I would’ve loved to have come out of here with a W, but it’s all good.”