- Michael Gehlken points out that Cowboys undrafted LB Luke Gifford could see more playing time at the SAM linebacker role in Week 15 if LB Sean Lee (thigh/pectoral) is unable to play.
- Cowboys promoted LB Chris Covington to their active roster. (NFLTR)
- Cowboys waived OL Caleb Benenoch.
Eagles HC Doug Pederson said they plan to use “tight ends, runners and receivers” to fill in their depth with receivers DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffery on injured reserve and Nelson Agholor dealing with an injury.
“I look at it as nine bodies, with tight ends, runners and receivers, so we have everything covered that way,” Pederson said, via Grant Gordon of NFL.com. “We have a plan to the plan to the plan to the plan if we lose a guy during the course of the game. It’s where we are right now as a team, as an offense.”
“I’m focused on the guys that are out there and getting them better because we still have three games, three weeks, and a lot ahead of us,” Pederson added.
- OUT for Monday’s game: LB Kiko Alonso (knee), CB Johnson Bademosi (foot), S Vonn Bell (knee), G Andrus Peat (forearm), CB Patrick Robinson (calf)
- Zack Rosenblatt mentions that there appears to be a good chance that the conditional pick Philadelphia traded to the Bears for RB Jordan Howard could end up being a sixth-rounder instead of a fifth-round selection, since his injury has impacted his playing time this year.
- Jimmy Kempski of PhillyVoice takes a look at five more prospects in next year’s draft class worth keeping an eye on for the Eagles including: Arkansas State WR Omar Bayless, South Carolina State OT Alex Taylor, Louisiana Lafayette G Robert Hunt, Southern Illinois S Jeremy Chinn and Lenoir-Rhyne S Kyle Dugger.
- If the NFL and NFLPA are able to finalize an agreement on a CBA extension next year, JP Finlay writes that an obvious move for the Redskins would be to designate WR Paul Richardson as a post-June 1 release.
- This would result in Washington picking up $6.5 million of cap space in June while carrying just $2 million of dead money.
- Releasing Richardson outright next year would only create $2.5 million of cap space with the Redskins incurring a $6.5 million cap hit.
- Redskins placed WR Paul Richardson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Redskins promoted OT Timon Parris to their active roster.