- Eagles rookie TE Dallas Goedert left Saturday’s practice with an undisclosed injury. (Jeff McLane)
- Eagles HC Doug Pederson said RB Donnel Pumphrey left Saturday’s practice with a lower-body injury. (Jeff McLane)
- Pedersen added that Eagles QB Nick Foles was limited in Saturday’s practice due to spasm in his “head and neck area“. (Ian Rapoport)
- Ryan Dunleavy of NJ.com has updated his 53-man roster projection for the Giants following their first preseason game.
- Some of the semi-notable roster cuts from Dunleavy include WR Travis Rudolph, WR Roger Lewis, TE Ryan O’Malley, G John Jerry, CB Chris Lewis-Harris, and CB Donte Deayon.
Redskins HC Jay Gruden believes they’re still “pretty good” at running back, even after the loss of Derrius Guice for the season to a torn ACL.
“[H]e was sixth string on the depth chart, you know?” Gruden said, via Pro Football Talk. “We have guys in here [that can] play, we drafted Derrius because he’s the best player we thought at the time of the draft. We thought he could really help our football team not because we weren’t satisfied with the backs we had. We thought he would be a heck of a player for us. So, with Rob [Kelley] and Samaje [Perine], and what Byron [Marshall] did the other night, the flashes he showed off and obviously Chris Thompson, Kapri Bibbs had a couple big hits. I think we are pretty good at the running back spot.”
- Rich Tandler of NBC Washington writes that Rob Kelley will likely open the season as the Redskins’ starting running back.
- Second-year RB Samaje Perine should be in the mix for some work too behind Kelley with Chris Thompson operating as the team’s third-down back.
- John Keim reports that Redskins DE Matt Ioannidis will “miss a little time” after hurting his knee during Thursday’s preseason game, but he will be ready for Week 1.