Eagles HC Doug Pederson believes their 5-7 record so far this season presents a great opportunity to enhance the team’s leadership.
“Where this team is, this will be great for our leadership right now, where we are,” Pederson said, via Mike Kaye of NJ Advance Media.
Pederson added that the Eagles are not “throwing in the towel” on the 2019 season and can still win the NFC East.
“We’re not throwing in the towel,” Pederson said. “We have a lot of football left. We have a great opportunity. There is still a chance for us.”
- NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport says the Giants are a team to keep an eye on as a landing spot for former Panthers HC Ron Rivera given his relationship with GM Dave Gettleman from their time together in Carolina.
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur doesn’t think the team will have S Jabrill Peppers (back) or TE Rhett Ellison (concussion) this week. (Dan Duggan)
- Giants WR Golden Tate (concussion) is trending up and the team is still taking it slow with TE Evan Engram (foot).
- Engram told reporters he’s playing this week. (Pat Leonard)
- Shurmur said the team isn’t considering shutting down first-round rookie QB Daniel Jones and he’s week-to-week with his high ankle sprain. (Duggan)
- Giants signed DB Rashaan Gaulden to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Per NBC Sports’ JP Finlay, Redskins OT Morgan Moses (back) and LB Ryan Kerrigan (concussion) returned to practice Wednesday, while WR Trey Quinn (concussion) missed practice.
- Kerrigan has officially exited the concussion protocol. (Finlay)
- Redskins signed WR Jordan Veasy to their practice squad. (NFLTR)