- 49ers CB Richard Sherman says if upcoming free agent S Earl Thomas has equal offers between the Cowboys and 49ers, Thomas will choose the Cowboys. (Matt Barrows)
- Cowboys HC Jason Garrett said Wednesday there is a role for LB Sean Lee and WR Allen Hurns on the 2019 Cowboys. (Calvin Watkins)
- Regarding DE Demarcus Lawrence, Garrett said: “We want DeMarcus Lawrence to be with the Dallas Cowboys for a long, long time.” (Jon Machota)
Philadelphia GM Howie Roseman says he’s not concerned about the perception of QB Carson Wentz hurting the team’s ability to add free agents.
“We know Carson. We know what kind of teammate he is, we know what kind of leader he is,” Roseman said via NBC’s Reuben Frank. “None of that is any issues to us. We’re incredibly excited about having him as our quarterback.”
- ESPN’s Tim McManus says the Eagles and DE Brandon Graham both would like to work out a deal to keep Graham with the team.
- McManus says the team sets a “walk away” number for each free agent, and if Graham’s expected market value of $12-$15 million exceeds that number, the Eagles will let him walk.
- NJ Advance Media’s Zack Rosenblatt looks at six potential trade candidates for the Eagles at the Combine, including WR Nelson Agholor, DE Chris Long, CB Rasul Douglas, OL Stefen Wisniewski and WR Shelton Gibson.
- NJ Advance Media’s Mike Kaye reports that the Eagles have formally met with Iowa State RB David Montgomery.
- Kaye says the Eagles have also met informally with San Diego State OL Ryan Pope.
- Philadelphia has also reportedly reached out to Florida G Fred Johnson. (Matt Lombardo)
- The Eagles have confidence in QB Nate Sudfeld as their primary backup quarterback, according to Roseman. (Rosenblatt)
- Roseman also left the door open for both LT Jason Peters and RB Darren Sproles to return next season. (Les Bowen)
- With the Eagles’ number of upcoming free agents, Roseman expects to receive a number of compensatory draft picks in 2020. “Internally, we’ve decided the level we want to come out next year’s draft with, but it’s also important for us to keep good players and continue to have the knowns.” (Zach Berman)
- Per NJ Advance Media’s Zack Rosenblatt, a person familiar with the situation said QB Nick Foles had “legitimate” interest in the Giants if the team had decided to part ways with QB Eli Manning.
- Giants HC Pat Shurmur said there’s “not nearly as much drama going on as what’s been reported” with upcoming free agent S Landon Collins. (Mike Jones)
- Shurmur added some discussions with contract negotiations between Collins and the Giants have taken place.
- Gettleman says the team is still evaluating whether or not to use the franchise tag on Collins. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- After listening to his press conference, however, multiple reporters, including Art Stapleton, don’t think Gettleman will use the franchise tag on Collins.
- New York GM David Gettleman said of the Odell Beckham Jr trade speculation: “We didn’t sign Odell to trade him.” (Dan Duggan)
- The Giants could bring in competition for QB Eli Manning with a veteran and/or a rookie in 2019, per Gettleman. (Art Stapleton)
- Gettleman added, “The Kansas City model worked real well.” (Matt Lombardo)