“I was really following after him as soon as I came to the Bears because I was one year behind him, so he could tell me everything to do because he had already been through it,” Cohen said, via NBCSportsChicago’s Lorin Cox. “Losing him, it hurt me a little bit. I’m not going to lie. It hurt me, because that’s like my brother.”
- Bears GM Ryan Pace said the team likes what it has at running back already and might not draft another: “There’s no pressing, huge need. We can honestly pick the best player available.” (Rich Campbell)
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Lions have checked out some of the quarterbacks in this class. They sent scouts to watch Duke QB Daniel Jones and interviewed Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray at the Combine.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer says the Packers’ affection for Missouri QB Drew Lock is “real.”
- With one scout calling free agent S Adrian Amos “probably better as a strong (safety),” the Packers could be in the market for a free safety this draft, per Ryan Wood.
- Some options include Alabama’s Deionte Thompson, Virginia’s Juan Thornhill, Washington’s Taylor Rapp, Delaware’s Nasir Adderley and Mississippi State’s Johnathan Abram.
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman says no teams have approached the Vikings about trading for any of their players, per Ben Goessling.
- CB Mike Hughes is “a little ahead of schedule” in his rehab from a torn ACL according to Spielman: “We’ve got a long way to go, but I know he’s been here all offseason working extremely hard at it. I know he’s anxious to get back on that field.” (Chris Tomasson)