Home Bears NFC North Notes: Bears, Lions, Packers, Vikings
- Per the Athletic’s Kevin Fishbain, Bears HC Matt Nagy says DT Bilal Nichols has a wrist injury, however, the team is hopeful it won’t land Nichols on injured reserve.
- Per ESPN’s Michael Rothstein, Lions HC Matt Patricia said the team has been keeping its eye on RB Paul Perkins, whom they claimed off waivers from the Giants yesterday.
- Patricia mentioned Perkins has the speed to get outside, can also run inside, as well as play special teams and pass-block.
- Lions signed RB Nick Brossette to their practice squad. (NFLTR)
- Lions released DE Jonathan Wynn from their practice squad.
- According to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky, Packers S Darnell Savage‘s shin injury is just a bone contusion and Savage should be able to play in Week 3 against the Broncos.
- After Packers RB Aaron Jones notched 23 carries in Sunday’s game, HC Matt LaFleur mentioned he wanted to keep Jones fresh and “even up” the carries between him and RB Jamaal Williams. (Ryan Wood)
- Per Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said they’re just waiting on the medical staff to clear CB Mike Hughes to return to action: “He’s been going full through practice. We just have to get the OK from the doctors.”
- Vikings QB Kirk Cousins acknowledged he needs to play better to continue to keep his starting position: “I won’t be playing quarterback here much longer if I play the way I did Sunday.” (Tomasson)