- According to Rich Campbell, Bears’ fourth-round WR Riley Ridley suffered a right hamstring injury in Friday’s practice.
- Bears HC Matt Nagy believes S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is “close” to returning from a knee sprain but did not provide a specific timetable: “I think he’s close but I don’t have anything specific.” (Jeff Dickerson)
When asked about the competition, Crosby says he’s not surprised about it and realizes that he’ll need to keep proving his worth.
“I’m always competing for a job,” Crosby said, via Packersnews.com. “Every time I step on the field, I’m interviewing.
“I can’t worry about anything that he’s doing,” Crosby said of Ficken. “For me, it’s always just about my process and how I go about my business, and make sure that I’m ready to go. So my process now, still, like it has always been through spring, through this time, is to always build and be the best version of myself as a kicker.”
Crosby has been sidelined with a calf injury.
- Rob Demovsky says it would not be surprising if Alex Light “takes a roster spot away from [Jason] Spriggs as a backup swing tackle.”
- According to Darren Wolfson, the Vikings are interested in veteran free-agent CB David Amerson and are looking to bring him in for a tryout.
- According to Chris Tomasson, the Vikings did not offer CB Orlando Scandrick an offer following his visit last week. Scandrick ended up signing with the Eagles.
- Per Tomasson, Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said the team would continue to kick the tires on free-agent cornerback help, with the final decision coming down to GM Rick Spielman.
- Zimmer added wide receiver is another position the team could look to upgrade, as some of the younger players at the position have struggled: “If they don’t know what to do, if they don’t know where to line up, if they run the wrong route or they’re moving their feet when the ball’s snapped, we’ll keep looking for somebody else. They have not been precise enough in these first couple days, these young receivers, and they need to get their rear end in gear.” (Courtney Cronin)
- The Vikings have some interest in former Lions RB Theo Riddick but have not set up a visit yet. (Darren Wolfson)
- The Vikings hosted former OT Phil Loadholt on Friday as a scouting intern as part of the NFL’s Nunn-Wooten Scouting Fellowship program. (Chris Tomasson)
- Minnesota also had former Dolphins HC Joe Philbin on hand for Saturday’s practice. Philbin plans to work with NFL officials this season and is taking some visits to NFL and college camps. (Tom Pelissero)
- Tomasson notes that former Vikings FB Jerome Felton had the intern role in camp last year.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said that DT Linval Joseph had multiple offseason surgeries but didn’t specify what exactly they were. (Chris Tomasson)