- Tom Silverstein reports that new HC Matt LaFleur’s contract with the Packers averages between $5M-$5.5M per year of the course of four years with the team having a five-year option.
- The Packers owe Mike McCarthy around $9 million in 2019, so depending on LaFleur’s structure, Green Bay could be paying out about $14 million in head coach salary.
- According to Silverstein, there has been talk of LaFleur hiring either 49ers run game coordinator Mike McDaniel or 49ers pass game coordinator Mike LaFleur (his brother) as the team’s offensive coordinator. However, Silverstein adds that it’s unclear whether Kyle Shanahan would allow either to leave.
- Tom Silverstein reports that the Vikings vetted Packers OL coach James Campen for their offensive line coaching job. However, it’s unknown whether he’s staying in Green Bay.
- Rob Demovsky reports that Packers WR coach David Raih will not be retained.
Michael Cohen of the Athletic offers up some speculative free agent options that could make sense for the Packers to consider this offseason including:
- Quarterbacks: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown
- Wide receivers: Golden Tate, Adam Humphries, Cole Beasley
- Tight end: Jared Cook
- Offensive line: OT Ty Nsekhe, G J.R. Sweezy
- Outside linebacker: Preston Smith
- Safety: Adrian Amos, Earl Thomas, LaMarcus Joyner