- The Lions are interviewing Tes including Alabama’s Irv Smith, Iowa’s Noah Fant, Georgia’s Isaac Nauta, and Stanford’s Kaden Smith at the Combine. (Dave Birkett)
- Tom Silverstein reports that Packers contract negotiator Russ Ball met with Clay Matthews‘ agent, David Dunn, at the Combine. Silverstein suspects they could be talking about a potential return for Matthews.
- A source close to Packers OLB Nick Perry tells Rob Demovsky that he wouldn’t be surprised if Green Bay declined to pay the $4.8 million roster bonus owed to Perry on March 15. However, Demovsky’s source added that he wasn’t sure if the Packers would offer a restructured contract to Perry or just move on.
- According to Demovsky, several agents who have met with the Packers at the combine said they got the sense their plan is to spend on a pass rusher or pass rushers in free agency and then see what’s left in their budget.
- Silverstein reports that the Packers have interest in re-signing S Ibraheim Campbell. Campbell suffered a torn ACL late last season, but it’s possible he could be ready to return for training camp.
- The Packers have spoken to ILB Antonio Morrison‘s agent and expressed interest in bringing him back.
- Iowa TE Noah Fant says he has a formal interview with the Packers tonight. (Jim Owczarski)
- Texas A&M TE Jace Sternberger is meetings with Packers at the Combine. (Aaron Wilson)
Vikings GM Rick Spielman said C Nick Easton is expected to be medically cleared from a herniated disc in his neck to continue playing in 2019.
“I’m not going to talk about game-planning or anything like that, but medically he should be cleared,” said Spielman, via Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune.
Spielman confirmed that Easton recently visited his doctor and will be cleared.
“[Easton] just went out to his doctor, he’ll be cleared,” said Spielman.
- The Vikings have met with offensive linemen Greg Little (Mississippi) and Michael Jordan (Ohio State) at the Combine. (Andrew Krammer)
- The Vikings have shown interest in Arkansas OL Hjalte Froholdt and talked to Charlotte OL Nate Davis at the Combine. (Chris Tomasson)