49ers GM John Lynch believes the team is “very well-equipped” to continue competing for championships in the coming years.
“I think it’s a state of a team that I think is very well-equipped to compete for championships,” Lynch said, via NBC Bay Area. “Now, it’s incumbent upon us to find a way to be better than we were last year, which was pretty darn good.
“We talk about it a lot, Kyle and I. It’s a philosophy that we kind of bonded on when we first started having conversations. It’s something Jon Gruden used to talk about. You never stay the same. You’re either getting better or you’re getting worse.”
- Dan Graziano of ESPN mentions RB Kenyan Drake, WR DeAndre Hopkins, and CB Patrick Peterson as potential extension candidates worth keeping an eye on for the Cardinals over the next year or so.
- Hopkins still has three years left on his current deal, but his contract situation was an issue with the Texans that played into him eventually being traded to the Cardinals. With this in mind, Graziano says a new deal can’t be ruled out.
- According to Graziano, there have been “rumblings” of a potential contract extension between the Cardinals and Peterson this offseason.
- Field Yates of ESPN proposes the Seahawks trade OL Ethan Pocic to the Eagles for CB Sidney Jones.
- Yates explains that Seattle has added a ton of offensive line depth this offseason, but could still use some help in their secondary.
- Yates notes that Jones has some traits Seattle typically covets, considering that he’s 6-feet tall with 31½-inch arms and excellent speed. He hasn’t lived up to his draft status yet, but he could be a player worth taking a flyer on.
- Yates adds that the loss of G Brandon Brooks to a torn Achilles has left a big hole for them to fill on their offensive line. Pocic would give them Eagles some positional versatility, considering that he has played both guard spots, center, and right tackle.