- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said QB Nick Mullens suffered an elbow injury during Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys. (Cam Inman)
- When asked whether C.J. Beathard will start in Week 16, Shanahan said: “We’ll see. I haven’t thought about that. I’ll definitely let Nick and C.J. know first, though.”
- Shanahan said today’s loss won’t affect his decision on whether QB Jimmy Garoppolo or TE George Kittle play over the final two weeks. (Matt Barrows)
- Lions QB Matthew Stafford told reporters that he felt good enough to play on Sunday, even though he did not think he could earlier in the week: “I mentally kind of told myself something bad was going to have to happen between Friday night and Sunday” to not play. (Dave Birkett)
- Stafford said of how much pain he was in: “I don’t want to make too much of it. We’re all battling through stuff.” He added that he felt discomfort “anytime I was going to the ground.” (Dave Birkett)
- Stafford was asked why it was important for him to play through his injuries: “I’m the quarterback of the Detroit Lions, and it was Sunday, and I got a bunch of teammates out there that work their ass off. … If I’m good enough to play, healthy enough to play, my ass is gonna be out there.” (Chris Burke)
Rams LT Andrew Whitworth is reportedly doing well in his rehab from a knee injury earlier this season. While a return in Week 17 is possible, it’s more likely Los Angeles saves Whitworth until the playoffs.
“Andrew is doing great,” Rams HC Sean McVay said via SI.com’s Eric Williams. “He continues to amaze me. He’s somebody we could potentially really push to have him play whether it’s the Cardinals game or next week. But I think the most important thing is, let’s take it a day at a time.”