- 49ers’ DE Dee Ford spoke about injuring his hamstring while chasing down Cardinals’ QB Kyler Murray last season: “More so how he gave himself up, caused me to flip over him and my body was in an awkward position, isolating the hamstring. That s**t hurt. I don’t like remembering that.” (Cam Inman)
- 49ers’ GM John Lynch says that Ford had an “Achilles tweak” at the end of training camp but is now back to normal. Ford said the injury was a calf issue that had to be treated carefully to keep it from becoming a serious Achilles issue. (Matt Barrows)
- 49ers’ TE George Kittle has some high hopes for the franchise this season: “Our goal is to show up every Sunday and whup up on some people. You can either have a target on your back or you’re chasing after other people. Don’t know who we’re under the radar for other than the people who vote for ESPN and I don’t know if they know everything. Don’t think anyone in the league is underestimating us.” (Cam Inman)
- 49ers HC Kyle Shanahan said he thought WR Deebo Samuel had a chance to play Sunday, but “it didn’t work out.” (Eric Branch)
- The 49ers officially ruled out WR Deebo Samuel (foot) and CB Jason Verrett (hamstring) for Week 1’s game and list WR Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) and C Ben Garland (ankle) as questionable.
- Albert Breer of SI took a look at the unique contract situation of Rams’ DT A’Shawn Robinson, who agreed to go on the NFI list, and lower his base salary to $500,000 instead of taking the $350,000 to opt-out.
- Robinson can now return as early as Week 7, but Breer thinks it is more realistic that he returns in Week 10 following the Rams’ bye in Week 9.
- Breer also notes that if Robinson were to return to the active roster, the $500,000 would increase to $1 million which would be prorated. He would also get $125,000 roster bonuses for every game.
- In the long run, Breer says the situation is unique because the Rams are paying $150,000 to give Robinson a chance to play and the contract they agreed to will play out over the next two seasons.
- Rams CB Jalen Ramsey is hoping to finish out his career in Los Angeles: “I love LA. I want to be here for the rest of my career…I can’t wait to tell my kids I played with the best football player ever, Aaron Donald.” (Jourdan Rodrigue)
- Seahawks LB K.J. Wright believes the team will play less of their base defense in order to get S Marquise Blair on the field more often: “I don’t think that’s going to be the case with the emergence of Marquise (Blair). Got to have Marquise on the field this year.” (Bob Condotta)
- Wright also says that he had shoulder surgery despite trying to avoid it. Doctors said he needed surgery but was being “hardheaded” due to his disinterest in having an operation. He was initially expected to return in mid-September but is well ahead of schedule with his recovery. (Brady Henderson)
- Seahawks’ QB Russell Wilson spoke about wanting to be known as one of the greatest players to ever play: “I always want to be known as one of the most clutch players to ever play this game. I also want to be known as the greatest winner. But also I want to be known as one of the smartest guys on the field, too. You think about guys like Peyton Manning.” (Henderson)
- Wilson also mentioned that WR Penny Hart made a lot of plays in training camp and earned his spot on the roster: “He earned it. He worked his tail off.” (Condotta)
- Carroll said WR Phillip Dorsett didn’t practice on Friday and will likely be a game-time decision. (Bob Condotta)
- The Seahawks will have David Moore as their No. 3 receiver, but rookie Freddie Swain is expected to play as well.
- Carroll said DL L.J. Collier will start against the Falcons on Sunday, but he will rotate with Rasheem Green: “It’s because he’s earned it and he’s played really well, so anxious to get him out there.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- The Seahawks officially ruled out T Cedric Ogbuehi (pectoral) for Week 1’s game and list WR Phillip Dorsett (foot) as questionable.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!