- On Thursday, free agent RB Adrian Peterson made it clear that he’s looking for another opportunity with an NFL team and open to the possibility of re-signing with the Saints. (NFLTR)
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that Peterson’s best move is going to be to wait for an opportunity to surface, likely as a result of an injury this summer.
- Saints HC Sean Payton didn’t rule out the possibility of re-signing Peterson. (NFLTR)
- We have him featured in our Top 50 Available 2018 NFL Free Agents list.
- Saints HC Sean Payton said the team’s plan regarding suspended RB Mark Ingram is to have a player take over Ingram’s workload instead of having Alvin Kamara receive more carries: “The mistake would be then Alvin gets 15 more carries, and that’s not the direction we would expect to go. I don’t think that is wise.” (Mike Triplett)
- Payton added that he is excited to get a look at sixth-round RB Boston Scott, undrafted RB Trey Edmunds, and RB Jonathan Williams.