- Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune reports that the Bears recently worked out veteran OL Lucas Nix last Friday.
Buccaneers HC Lovie Smith mentioned that they have “big plans” for second-year TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins.
“We’ve talked about Austin since he got here, what his potential will be,” Smith said, via the Tampa Tribune. “Every day he’s on the field, he confirms that more. There’s not a whole lot to dislike about Austin.”
- Cardinals rookie RB David Johnson has been diagnosed with a Grade 2 hamstring injury and is likely to miss another week or so. (Mike Jurecki)
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said that he probably has “another seven or eight years” before he calls it a career. (Peter King)
- Should Rodgers play another eight years in the NFL, he would be 39.
- Aaron Wilson reports that the Seahawks worked out DL Darius Allen.