- Northwestern DT Jordan Thompson worked out at the Bears’ local prospect day. (Aaron Wilson)
- Maryland DL Byron Cowart has worked out for the Bears. (Tony Pauline)
- Appalachian State RB Jalin Moore is scheduled to meet with the Bears. (Aaron Wilson)
- Villanova OL Brandon Hitner will visit the Bears. (Aaron Wilson)
- More players have been added to the Buccaneers’ local prospect day including Northwest Missouri State WR Shawn Bane Jr, USF OL Eric Mayes and Temple WR Brodrick Yancy. (Greg Auman)
- West Florida DB Damarius Brinson, USF DL Kevin Bronson, Mount Union DB Gabe Brown, Georgia Tech DL Kyle Cerge-Henderson, Marshall LB Frankie Hernandez, Texas A&M K Daniel Lacamara, Alcorn State OL Chris McCrea, UCF WR Dredrick Snelson, and Utah State DB Aaron Wade will also take part in the Bucs’ local Pro Day. (Greg Auman)
Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said he feels the team is “very close” and that they could fly under the radar in their division.
“I feel like we’re very close,” Rodgers said. “And I feel like a lot of stuff is going to set up for us because they’re going to be talking about two other teams in our division, at least, and in our conference a number of other teams that have either done things or added pieces.”
Rodgers added that there is a lot of excitement around the locker room with their new coaching staff and upcoming 2019 NFL Draft.
“It’s exciting, though, to see the energy and the excitement. It’s usually like this the first week, but I feel good about the potential to sustain this type of energy as we move into it later this month and get into the minicamp. And then obviously we have a number of high picks, so there should be a lot of excitement with our fan base — there definitely is in the locker room. It’s been a good start to the change.”