- The Chicago Bears announced Tuesday that they’ve Chris Jackson as a defensive assistant coach.
There has been a lot of speculation about the Cardinals considering Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick, given that his new agent, Erik Burkhardt, also represents Cardinals HC Kliff Kingsbury.
However, Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill says they’re focused on building upon the foundation they currently have in place including QB Josh Rosen.
“Josh is a smart guy, he’s been around and he’s seen what happens year in and year out,” Bidwill said in an interview on 98.7 Arizona Sports, via AzCardinals.com. “There’s always a lot of speculation that turns out to not be true.
“But moving forward, we’re going to continue to build this team and build around the foundation that we have.”
- Cardinals DC Vance Joseph said Tuesday that Budda Baker will return to his natural position and play safety for them in 2019. (Mike Jurecki)
- The Cardinals announced that they’ve added Don Shumpert to their coaching staff to help coach running backs.
- Regarding DE Frank Clark, Condotta would be surprised if the Seahawks didn’t franchise him if they’re unable to reach an agreement on a long-term deal.
- Condotta thinks the Seahawks are leaving the door open to LB K.J. Wright returning, but it’s likely he’ll at least see what’s out there in free agency.