- Dan Graziano of ESPN explains that the contract situation involving Bears WR Allen Robinson is tricky, considering that his next deal will be his third contract and teams tend to be leery of spending big on third contracts.
- However, Robinson is younger than most would be at this point in their careers, considering that he turned just 27 last month and is the prime of his career.
- Citing sources familiar with the situation, Graziano reports that the Bears are looking at the recent Cooper Kupp extension with the Rams as their comparison for Robinson’s next contract. Kupp secured $15-$16 million per year but Robinson is believed to be looking for a contract more along the lines of Odell Beckham Jr. or Tyreek Hill, who are in the $18 million-per-year range.
- The Bears have the franchise tag available next year if need be, which could come in at around $15.7 million next year once it’s adjusted for loss of revenue the league is likely to experience from the pandemic.
- Graziano isn’t ruling out a potential trade if the two parties aren’t able to bridge their gap in negotiations and suggests the 49ers, Ravens, Patriots and Eagles as some speculative trade partners.
- Bears OLB Robert Quinn called his ankle injury “a fluke incident.” (Jeff Dickerson)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 2: LB Khalil Mack (knee), DE Robert Quinn (ankle)
- OUT for Week 2: TE Hunter Bryant (hamstring), G Joe Dahl (groin), WR Kenny Golladay (hamstring), CB Desmond Trufant (hamstring)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 2: S C.J. Moore (hamstring), CB Darryl Roberts (calf), T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot), DT Nicholas Williams (shoulder)
- Packers RB Aaron Jones said they have no deadline for an extension and he’ll take one when or if they can come to an agreement. (Jim Owczarski)
- OUT for Week 2: DT Kenny Clark (groin), LB Randy Ramsey (groin), WR Equanimeous St. Brown (knee), G Lane Taylor (knee)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 2: DE Montravius Adams (toe), TE Josiah Deguara (shin, ankle), S Raven Greene (quadricep), C Lucas Patrick (shoulder), G Billy Turner (knee)
Vikings OC Gary Kubiak admitted that their offense “got ugly” on a few possessions against the Packers last weekend.
“It got ugly there for a few possessions,” Kubiak said Thursday, via the Minneapolis Star-Tribune.
“We’re trying to chase four quarters,” Kubiak added. “What was the difference? It’s always little things…That’s part of football. You’ve got to battle through mistakes. Keep battling and keep playing and stay positive in your approach. We did that.”
- Tom Pelissero reports that Vikings’ RG Pat Elflein was placed on injured reserve after suffering a thumb injury in practice on Thursday.
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer declined to discuss Elflein’s injury, but said he didn’t necessarily expect him to miss more than three weeks. (Ben Goessling)
- Chris Tomasson mentions that Dru Samia has been working with the first team in practice and is expected to start Sunday at Indianapolis.
- According to Tomasson, Elflein will undergo surgery on for his thumb injury, which implies he’ll be out longer than three weeks.
- The Vikings opted to promote Brett Jones to their 53-man roster on Friday. Tomasson mentions that the Packers, Steelers and Seahawks were all looking at the possibility of signing Jones.
- OUT for Week 2: CB Cameron Dantzler (rib)