Bears HC Matt Nagy announced Friday that OC Bill Lazor will call plays in Monday night’s game against the Vikings.
Nagy said that allowing Lazor to call the Bears’ offensive plays enables him to examine Chicago’s offense, defense, and special teams.
“It allows me to really look at all three phases from the head-coaching position and focus on that. … I’m excited to let Bill take this over and he has experience in this role. I think he’s gonna do a great job,” said Nagy, via Fishbain.
- Lions’ RB Adrian Peterson spoke to the media about being cut by Washington this season: “It was unfortunate, of course, but I didn’t have time to kind of really let it digest and see how much it really sucked. But it is what it is now. I feel like I came to a great situation here in Detroit.” (Nicki Jhabvala)
- The Detroit Lions are bringing in DB Jameson Houston and LB Christian Sam for tryouts this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- OUT for Week 10: WR Kenny Golladay (hip)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: WR Jamal Agnew (ribs), G Joe Dahl (back), LB Jarrad Davis (knee), TE T.J. Hockenson (toe), T Halapoulivaati Vaitai (foot), DT Nicholas Williams (shoulder)
- Packers HC Matt LaFleur said he’s optimistic that ILB Christian Kirksey will be activated from injured reserve in time for Week 10’s game against the Jaguars. (Rob Demovsky)
- LaFleur said they will give up until game-time to decide whether Kirksey will play. (Tom Silverstein)
- LaFleur confirmed that Packers FB John Lovett suffered a torn ACL in practice this week.
- LaFleur said Packers CB Jaire Alexander (concussion) is doubtful for Week 10, while injured reserve WR Allen Lazard is questionable and will also be a game-time decision. (Demovsky)
- Ian Rapoport reports that Packers’ injured reserve WR Allen Lazard (core) is still dealing with soreness but it is not considered a setback. Rapoport adds that the Packers will be “cautious” with Lazard and is unlikely to return for Week 10’s game.
- OUT for Week 10: TE John Lovett (knee)
- DOUBTFUL for Week 10: CB Jaire Alexander (concussion, hand)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 10: CB Kevin King (quadricep), S Will Redmond (shoulder), S Vernon Scott (shoulder), WR Darrius Shepherd (shoulder), WR Equanimeous St. Brown (knee), TE Robert Tonyan (ankle), G Rick Wagner (knee)
- Vikings OC Gary Kubiak mentioned that Vikings TE Irv Smith Jr. (groin) and FB C.J. Ham (shoulder) are “trending in the right direction” to play in Week 10: “Irv moving around a little bit today, watching him, I think he’s feeling good. Feel good about C.J. getting there to Monday,” via Andrew Krammer.
- Vikings activated G Pat Elflein from injured reserve. (NFLTR)