“We hold ourselves up to a high standard,” Jackson said, via Colleen Kane of The Chicago Tribune. “And so does coach. He sees that. So when he says something like that, we take it as motivation. We’ve got to get back on track and fix what needs to be fixed.”
“We’re all grown men in here, and the biggest thing for us as players and professional athletes, we’ve got to hold ourselves accountable no matter what’s going on on the offensive side of the ball,” Gipson said. “We pride ourselves on being able to do a certain job and hold ourselves to a certain standard and we just didn’t do that. Give Aaron Rodgers a lot of credit. But no quarterback, no offense in the National Football League should be able to have their way and impose their will like they did on us in front of a national audience.”
- The Detroit Lions are bringing in defensive tackles Brian Price and Terry Beckner for tryouts this week, according to Aaron Wilson.
- Chris Burke thinks that the Lions may explore bringing up WR Tom Kennedy from the practice squad after waiving WR Marvin Hall. Burke adds that the team has always been interested in Kennedy’s potential.
- Lions’ interim HC Darrell Bevell talked about if rookie TE Hunter Bryant would see more playing time this season: “We really liked what we saw out of him in training camp. So we were able to get him to start back to practice and all the things – you saw how we declared that. He’s doing a nice job, but he’s still in his rookie year, still learning a lot. So give him an opportunity to get out on the field, see what he can do, see what we have, and just go from there.” (Justin Rogers)
- The Lions are hosting TE Jerell Adams for a visit. (Albert Breer)
- The Lions officially downgraded DE Austin Bryant (thigh) and RB D’Andre Swift (illness) to doubtful for Week 13. (Tim Twentyman)
- Detroit also listed RB Jonathan Williams (hip) as questionable.
- Lions waived WR Marvin Hall and TE Issac Nauta. (NFLTR)
- Lions activated CB Darryl Roberts from injured reserve.
- Lions promoted DT Frank Herron and S Bobby Price to their active roster.