Bears CB Jaylon Johnson said he has fully recovered from his injury last year.
“I’m 100 percent healthy,” Johnson said, via Pro Football Talk. “There was no structural damage. There wasn’t anything major like that. I’m not going to go into the exact details of what exactly happened, but it was just about being able to get to 100 percent. I’ve been rehabbing, staying on top of my treatment and therapy on my shoulder. I’m just getting back healthy and trying to stay healthy.”
- According to Brad Biggs, the Bears promoted Jeff King to director of pro scouting.
- Biggs also reports the Bears promoted Sam Summerville to national scout, Scott Hamel to Southeast scout and Brendan Rehor to Midwest scout.
The Lions announced their full player personnel staff for the 2021 season:
- Brad Holmes – Executive Vice President and General Manager
- Ray Agnew – Assistant General Manager
- Lance Newmark – Director of Player Personnel
- John Dorsey – Senior Personnel Executive
- Dave Sears – Director of College Scouting
- Rob Lohman – Director of Pro Scouting
- Mike Martin – Director of Scouting Advancement
- Don Corzine – Senior Advisor, Player Personnel Operations/Strategic Initiatives
- Brian Hudspeth – National Scout
- Mark Olson – National Scout
- Dave Uyrus – Regional Scout
- Cary Conklin – Area Scout
- Patrick Mularkey – Area Scout
- Steve Neal – Area Scout
- Scott Sika – Area Scout
- Eloy Ledesma – Area Scout
- Jordan Martin – Area Scout
- Joe Kelleher – Pro Scout
- Justin Licker – Pro Scout
- Dakota Duncan – BLESTO Scout
- Bird Sherrill – Scout
- Elizabeth Laux – Assistant, Player Personnel and Football Administration
- Ademi Smith – Personnel Assistant
- Alexis Duhaney – Scouting Assistant
- Joe Harvey – Scouting Assistant
- Blake Ask – Scouting Assistant
As he looks to follow up a sensational rookie season, Vikings WR Justin Jefferson has made it a point to match up exclusively with new Vikings CB Patrick Peterson in practice under the philosophy that iron will sharpen iron.
“I’ve been trying to apply some of the pressure to Pat Pete,” Jefferson said via Heavy.com’s Trevor Squire. “Him being one of the top corners in the league and going up against him at practice that only makes us better as receivers. You don’t get to see a guy like Pat Pete every single game. He’s a great corner. He’s so smart. He’s so patient. Definitely trying to work some new moves on him and seeing what works and what don’t work.”
For his part, Peterson appreciates Jefferson’s approach and how it will help both of them.
“[Jefferson’s] one of those guys who comes into work he’s a pro every efficient in practice just a guy who seems like he’s been in the league for four or five years that’s very rare you can look at a second-year player like he’s been here before,” Peterson said. “That’s a credit to his family, the way he goes about his business and what he wants his career to be. You can tell he wants to be special and he loves coming to work every day.”
- Mary Kay Cabot reports DT Sheldon Richardson turned down a bigger offer from the Browns to sign with the Vikings.
- Vikings DE Danielle Hunter’s restructured contract includes a $5.6 million roster bonus which acts as a signing bonus, a $7.1 million fully guaranteed base salary in 2021, while adding void years in 2024 and 2025. (Ben Goessling)