- According to Kevin Fishbain, the Bears hired Ashton Washington as a scouting intern, the first woman to be hired in the Bears’ scouting department.
- Bears GM Ryan Pace said he thinks the team is above the 85 percent vaccinate threshold. (Brad Biggs)
- Pace said DT Eddie Goldman has reported to camp in good shape despite missing offseason programs. (Jeff Dickerson)
- Bears HC Matt Nagy says it is “very doable” for RB David Montgomery to get 20 carries. (Dickerson)
- Bears WR Allen Robinson isn’t surprised he couldn’t reach a long-term agreement with the team. (Dickerson)
- Bears QB Andy Dalton said he wants to have a good relationship with first-round QB Justin Fields while also maintaining his status as the starter: “Comes with that position. He’s a first-round pick. I understand that. But I also understand that I’m the starter.” (Stacey Dales)
- The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman says the return of Aaron Rodgers means the Packers don’t need QB Blake Bortles as an emergency veteran option. Green Bay cut Bortles Tuesday.
- Schneidman projects the final receiver spot to come down to a battle between Juwann Winfree, Equanimeous St. Brown and Malik Taylor, with the edge going to Winfree if he can keep up his momentum from the spring.
- He adds at inside linebacker, Oren Burks and Ty Summers are battling for one spot, though the role will be primarily on special teams.
- Despite a disappointing career so far, Schneidman thinks Packers CB Josh Jackson still makes the team ahead of younger guys like Ka’dar Hollman and Kabion Ento.
Vikings HC Mike Zimmer said he didn’t want to lose assistant Rick Dennison if it wasn’t necessary.
“Rick is a football coach and he’s got 40 years of experience doing what he’s doing,” Zimmer said, via NFL.com. “I felt like it was important that we use him as a resource, but we also give him the opportunity to continue to work. With the way the protocols are, he can’t be around the players in person. But he has so much knowledge and so much experience that I felt like he could be a big help.”
- According to ESPN’s Courtney Cronin, with K Riley Patterson on the PUP and K Greg Joseph the only kicker in camp, the Vikings may look to bring in another kicker for competition.
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman wouldn’t comment on CB Jeff Gladney‘s legal situation: “This is an ongoing legal matter and at this time we just can’t have any comment on it.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Spielman said the team is excited about its wide receiver depth: “It’s going to be one of the most competitive positions on our roster.” (Tomasson)
- Zimmer said a big reason why the team signed WR Dede Westbrook was for special teams: “I do believe we have to be better on special teams.” (Tomasson)
- Zimmer doesn’t want to rush first-round LT Christian Darrisaw from his grown injury: “We’re going to be very careful with him these first few days (of training camp).” (Tomasson)
- Zimmer expects a competition for the third wide receiver spot, but also thinks the team will play in a lot of two-tight end sets to feature TE Irv Smith: “I anticipate there will be a lot of two-tight end formations as we continue to move forward anyway and use Irv as a mismatch against linebackers.” (Chad Graff)