Jenna Laine of ESPN
reports that Buccaneers LB Lavonte David
suffered a sprained MCL during Sunday’s game against the Redskins and his status for Week 11 is in doubt.
- Laine adds that the Bucs are playing “wait and see” on David’s sprained MCL, but she’s told that he could miss some time.
- This explains why the Buccaneers re-signed LB Kevin Minter. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers signed K Cairo Santos. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers placed OL Evan Smith and RB Shaun Wilson on injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Buccaneers promoted RB Dare Ogunbowale from the practice squad.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the report that they considered firing Scott Linehan during the bye week was false: “Completely false. Never a discussion. Never a thought on my part. That didn’t happened. That did not happen. Never contemplated doing something different with Scott Linehan.” (Clarence Hill)
- Regarding the report from last weekend that the Cowboys have an “affinity” for Oklahoma HC Lincoln Riley, Jones said: “That would be total drawing it out of the air. … Totally speculation.” (Jon Machota)
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera explained the decision to cut RB C.J. Anderson on Monday by saying: “Gives us an opportunity to take an honest look at [Cameron Artis-Payne]. They are very similar. We should be fine. We want to give CAP this opportunity.” (Max Henson)
- Rivera added that he could “feel the frustration” from Anderson and felt this was best for both parties. (Max Henson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!