- Josh Weinfuss reports that the Cardinals let WRs coach Kevin Garver out of his contract and he will now join Bruce Arians’ staff with the Buccaneers.
- The Philadelphia Eagles announced Friday that QB Carson Wentz is out for Sunday’s against the Saints.
- The Eagles list DL Michael Bennett (foot), WR Shelton Gibson (hamstring), CB Sidney Jones (hamstring), T Jason Peters (quadricep), and WR Mike Wallace (ankle) as questionable.
Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff admitted that this is an “extremely important season” for him and HC Dan Quinn in regards to their future in Atlanta.
“We know it,” Dimitroff said, via AtlantaFalcons.com. “We’ve talked about it at length. Our football players on the team right now, the talent that we do have know it. And we’re not focused on anything past this season. This is the season we are 100 percent focused on — and that’s what we need and what I need, and what Dan needs going into the offseason.”
- The Falcons announced that Kyle Flood will handle clock and game management responsibilities for them in 2019.
- The Falcons also announced that Dave Brock will take over as RBs coach and Bernie Parmalee will now be the team’s assistant special teams coach.