- Per Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer, former Cardinals QB Carson Palmer said there’s reason for optimism by Tampa Bay for QB Jameis Winston entering his second season in HC Bruce Arians‘ scheme: “You don’t have that experience in Year 1. You need Year 1 to go back and watch the film and see yourself doing it wrong and the receivers seeing themselves doing it wrong, and then Year 2, really things start to click. That chemistry starts to develop and that trust and that confidence in the offense starts to develop. If Jameis is back in Tampa, I would expect Year 2 to be a massive year for him.”
- Should the Buccaneers decide to move on from Winston this offseason, the Athletic’s Greg Auman lists Saints QB Teddy Bridgewater, Chargers QB Philip Rivers, Bengals QB Andy Dalton, Titans QB Marcus Mariota and Jaguars QB Nick Foles as potential alternatives.
- Per the Athletic’s Matt Schneidman, Packers HC Matt LaFleur said OT Bryan Bulaga is feeling better and the illness that knocked him out of Sunday’s playoff game against the Seahawks appeared to have just been a 24-hour bug.
- Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that Tom Coughlin is advising new Panthers HC Matt Rhule as he transitions into the NFL.
- Rhule has a relationship with Coughlin that dates back to his one season with the Giants.
- Sports Illustrated’s Albert Breer mentions he’s heard Eagles exec Andrew Berry‘s name in connection with the Panthers’ search for an assistant general manager.
- The Panthers will hire Colts DL coach Mike Phair to their defensive coaching staff. (Football Scoop)
- Carolina has had preliminary discussions with former Bears TE coach Kevin Gilbride and former Dolphins OL coach Pat Flaherty, but nothing has been formalized yet since the Panthers haven’t hired an offensive coordinator. (Joseph Person)