- ESPN’s Josh Weinfuss lists Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson as a potential trade candidate, as he is entering the final year of his deal without an extension. However, he’s still the No. 1 corner for an Arizona team with playoff hopes.
- ESPN’s Nick Wagoner lists 49ers WR Dante Pettis as a potential trade candidate, as he does not have a role on the team and could benefit from a change of scenery.
- According to Albert Breer of SI.com, the 49ers have made WR Dante Pettis available for trade.
- 49ers signed TE Daniel Helm to their practice squad.
- ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry lists Rams WR Josh Reynolds as a potential trade candidate, as he’s in the final year of his deal and the Rams are deep at receiver.
- Thiry adds TE Gerald Everett also fits in the same category as Reynolds. While both are playing roles for the Rams and are unlikely to be traded, Thiry points out Los Angeles needs to accumulate draft picks and flipping players in the final years of their deal is a good way to do that.
“We have endeavored to be in on everything that’s going on and John has done a marvelous job of always being tuned in to what’s happening. And this is no exception. So we’ll see what happens as we go forward,” said Carroll, via Curtis Crabtree.
- Carroll added that the Seahawks’ interest in Brown isn’t related to WR Josh Gordon‘s suspension. (Michael-Shawn Dugar Gudar)
- Seahawks DC Ken Norton Jr. said that they have been using seventh-round Stephen Sullivan as a defensive end after originally drafting him as a tight end: “He’s got the length and speed and look of great pass rushers.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Bob Condotta points out that the Seahawks are listing Sullivan at both tight end and defensive end.