- Josh Weinfuss considers the idea that QB Logan Thomas could be among the Cardinals’ final roster cuts to be “pretty realistic.”
- However, Weinfuss admits that this will likely come down to Phillip Sims and whether he’s able to continue progressing.
- In regards to ILB Daryl Washington‘s return from suspension, Weinfuss mentions that he wouldn’t put a lot of stock in his situation being impacted by Greg Hardy‘s recent reduction.
- According to Vaughn McClure, it would be surprising if Falcons WR Julio Jones is not signed to a long-term deal by the deadline to place franchise tags on players.
- However, if for some reason Jones is still unsigned, McClure says it would be even more surprising if they didn’t use their franchise tag to prevent him from reaching the open market.
- Nick Wagoner writes that it’s a fair to expect the Rams to make the playoffs now that HC Jeff Fisher has had four years in St. Louis.
- Wagoner seems to think the Rams’ defense could end up being a top-five unit when all is said and done.
- According to Wagoner, it appears as though the Rams aren’t interested in pursuing a deal with free agent G Evan Mathis.
- Wagoner doesn’t rule out the Rams signing a player or two if they sustain some injuries in training camp and the preseason.
- Wagoner mentions that it’s hard to imagine the Rams will be willing to pick up WR Tavon Austin‘s fifth-year option at a cost of around $11 million.
- While the Rams have Barrett Jones, Demetrius Rhaney and Tim Barnes competing for the starting center job, Wagoner believes they would prefer to see Jones win the job outright.
- Wagoner believes the odds of the Rams pursuing free agent WR Reggie Wayne are “very, very slim.”
Terry Blount of ESPN takes a look at the Seahawks’ defensive tackle position as they prepare for training camp.
- According to Blount, Brandon Mebane, Ahtyba Rubin, Tony McDaniel, and Jordan Hill are all locks to make the 53-man roster.
- Bubble players at defensive tackle could include D’Anthony Smith and Jimmy Staten.
- That leaves T.Y. McGill and Jesse Williams as “longshots” to crack the final 53-man roster.