- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell outlines a potential trade between the Broncos and the Cowboys, with Dallas sending a 2021 second and 2022 fourth-round pick to Denver for S Justin Simmons.
- Dallas gets a big addition to help a poor defense while Denver gets better compensation than if they let Simmons walk in free agency in lieu of tagging him a second time.
- Per the Athletic’s Jon Machota, Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy said LB Leighton Vander Esch returned to practice in full on Thursday.
- NFL Media’s Jane Slater says the plan initially was to have Vander Esch return for a full pads, full contact practice on Friday.
- ESPN’s Dan Graziano says the Eagles have been “poking around” for a running back.
- The Eagles are hosting free agent DE Shareef Miller for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)
- The Eagles are hosting former CFL K Lirim Hajrullahu for a workout this week. (Aaron Wilson)
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell outlines a potential trade between the Rams and Giants. Los Angeles would package a sixth-round pick with rookie K Sam Sloman to New York for veteran K Graham Gano.
- The Rams would get a reliable kicker as they try to make a playoff run while the Giants would get another draft pick for their rebuild.
- Per SNY’s Ralph Vacchiano, Giants HC Joe Judge says WR Sterling Shepard will practice “a little bit” as they determine if he’s ready to come off of injured reserve: “We’ll see how he’s moving around and where that leaves us for Sunday.”
- Shepard appears more likely to miss this week’s game but could potentially return in Week 7 against the Eagles. (Dan Duggan)
- Ben Standig of The Athletic spoke with league sources who pushed back on reports that Washington is pursuing trades for QB Dwayne Haskins given his lack of a market.
- League source doubt Washington would be able to come close to the securing similar draft compensation as the Cardinals got from the Dolphins for Josh Rosen last year, which included second- and fifth-round picks.
- ESPN’s Bill Barnwell outlines a potential trade between the Steelers and Washington Football Team. Pittsburgh would send CB Justin Layne and a 2021 fourth-round pick to Washington for Haskins.
- The Steelers can provide the type of developmental environment Haskins needs while a back-end player and mid-round pick is about all Washington can realistically hope to get for Haskins right now.
- Barnwell adds the 49ers could trade WR Dante Pettis and a fifth-round pick to Washington for DE Ryan Kerrigan to help rejuvenate their pass rush which has been hit hard by injuries. Washington would pick up a pick and a potential boost to their receiving corps for a veteran in the final year of his deal.
- Per NBC Sports’ Ethan Cadeaux, Washington HC Ron Rivera indicated again that benching Haskins is not the final word on his tenure with the team: “Again, as I said, I have not quit on the kid as far as his development. This is an opportunity for him to continue to learn and grow and develop.”
- Rivera acknowledged Haskins was put in a really tough position with the new staff coming in this offseason: “Dwayne’s a young man that’s learning and growing. He hasn’t been in the system. He hasn’t had the benefit of a full offseason. He hasn’t had the benefit of a true training camp. Based on what I saw, I made the decision to make the switch.”
- Haskins was sent home again with his illness following his COVID-19 test on Thursday morning. (Darren Haynes)
- Washington appears ready to give fourth-round OT Saahdiq Charles a shot to start at left guard, as he’s worked with the first-team group in practice this week. (JP Finlay)
- Rivera indicated moving Charles to guard is being done more out of need and an effort to get him on the field. He’s still seen more as a tackle long-term. (John Keim)
- Washington RT Morgan Moses pushed back on this being characterized as a rebuilding season: “I don’t see this as a rebuilding year because the division is wide the hell open.” (Keim)
- Washington promoted Sean DeBarbieri to director of football communications. (Nicki Jhabvala)
- The Washington Football Team are hosting free agent DE Gerri Green for a visit. (Aaron Wilson)
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!