- The Eagles officially ruled out DE Derek Barnett (calf) from Week 16 and he did not travel with the team.
- According to Mike Kaye, Eagles P Cameron Johnston is expected to clear the league’s concussion protocol and play in Week 16.
- Kaye makes the case for the Eagles using their first-round pick on a receiver such as Alabama’s Devonta Smith.
Giants DE Leonard Williams said he is not concerned about his expiring contract and has enjoyed his time in New York regardless of what happens this offseason.
“I just try to control what I can control. I’ve been enjoying my time here so far,” Williams said, via Zack Rosenblatt of NJ Advance Media. “I love the guys on this team. I love playing with these guys. I’ve built a relationship with a lot of the players on this team. I love the direction of where it’s going with this new coaching staff. I’ve been proud to be a Giant for however long it’s been. If it ends this year, then it ends this year. But either way, I’ve been happy to wear these colors and play this season. It’s been fun being a part of this defense and this team.”
We have him included in our Top 50 – 2021 Free Agents list.
Zack Rosenblatt points out that the Giants must decide on OT Nate Solder’s status with the team in the coming months. Sodler hasn’t ruled out retirement after opting out of the 2020 season and carries a $16.5 million cap hit for next season. The Giants would save $6 million in cap space by releasing Solder and create $10.5 million in dead money.
Rosenblatt notes that RG Kevin Zeitler is a release or trade candidate given New York would save $12 million in cap space. The Giants also could extend Zeitler’s contract to reduce his $14.5 million cap figure next season.
Rosenblatt writes that New York could save $6 million by trading TE Evan Engram, but he admits that seems “unlikely at this point.
- Dan Duggan reports that Giants LB Blake Martinez (ankle) is expected to play in Sunday’s game and his injury is not considered serious.
- According to Jordan Raanan, Giants OLB Kyler Fackrell (calf) is unlikely to play this week but could return for Week 17.
- Raanan writes that Giants RB Devonta Freeman (ankle) is not expected to be activated from injured reserve.