- Falcons TE Austin Hooper said he has not received an offer from Atlanta up to this point: “I feel like I did my part with my play on the field so if the organization wants me to be a part of their future, they know to get in contact with my agent and we can put something together.” (Jenna Laine)
- D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution takes a look at five small college players at the 2020 Senior Bowl to keep an eye on for the Falcons including, Lenoir-Rhyne WR Kyle Dugger, Liberty WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, St. John’s G Ben Bartch, SC State OT Alex Taylor, and Dayton TE Adam Trautman.
Tom Silverstein reports Packers’ assistant DBs coach Ryan Downward is a “strong candidate” for Green Bay’s defensive backs’ coach opening.
- Pete Dougherty of PackersNews.com expects the Packers and veteran TE Jimmy Graham to part ways this offseason, while LB Blake Martinez could end up signing elsewhere.
- As for Packers RT Bryan Bulaga‘s expiring contract, Dougherty believes it will be a “tough call” for Green Bay, considering his age and injury history. Beyond that, Dougherty thinks Bulaga could end up being “too expensive” for the Packers.
- Saints QB Drew Brees said he will keep a similar process to previous years regarding his contract situation. According to Brees, he will “know in a month” whether he will continue playing or retire. (Mike Nabors)
- Brees did, however, say that he is interested in a broadcasting career as an analyst: “It would be a lot of fun, would be a way of playing the game without playing the game.” (Mike Nabors)
- Brees feels he would be able to provide valuable insight as a TV analyst: “I think you can lay it out and explain it in a way, you’re not critical like wish I had that throw back.” (Mike Nabors)
- Free agent WR Dez Bryant tweeted that he wants to play for only three teams including “black and gold.”