- Lions DC Aaron Glenn said LB Jahlani Tavai has lost 17 pounds this offseason and has looked “really good” in OTAs. (Kyle Meinke)
- Tavai said he’s excited to play in the “stack backer” role in the Lions’ new system and has a “better view of the field.” (Justin Rogers)
- Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports thinks Packers QB Aaron Rodgers will eventually receive a record two or three-year contract with enough guaranteed money to cement him as the starter.
- In addition, Robinson believes Rodgers and the organization will have a “mea culpa behind the scenes” in order to facilitate a “collaborative environment” for the quarterback.
- As for Packers QB Jordan Love, Robinson doesn’t think they would have to trade him as a Rodgers’ extension “resolves the animus” about drafting the backup quarterback.
Vikings OC Klint Kubiak says the team wants its offensive lineman to have versatility, so they are moving guys around the line.
“The mindset right now [is] we want to move some guys around and see,” Kubiak said via Andrew Krammer of the Minneapolis Star Tribune. “Ezra Cleveland on the left, we can get Dakota to the right; those guys are Swiss-Army knives. They know many positions. So we want to make sure they know as many as possible, because things happen in the season and you’ve got to move guys around. This is the time of the year to try those things.”
- Kubiak also said the team’s third receiving option may not be a wide receiver: “It might be a tight end, it might be the halfback in the game at that point. But we have a lot of options.”
- Krammer mentioned 82 of 87 Vikings attended OTAs, with DE Danielle Hunter, DE Hercules Mata’afa, CB Jeff Gladney, CB Cameron Dantzler and P Britton Colquitt not in attendance.
- Krammer reports QBs Jake Browning and Nate Stanley worked with the second team, while QB Kellen Mond worked with the third team.
- Vikings LB Anthony Barr said he didn’t want his career in Minnesota to end with an injury, so he took a pay cut. (Chris Tomasson)
- Kubiak said the team wants OT Christian Darrisaw and G Wyatt Davis to earn starting spots, which is why they aren’t working with the 1’s: “We want those guys to earn their stripes.” (Tomasson)