- According to ESPN’s Eric Woodyard, a source highlighted Lions WR Victor Bolden and Kalif Raymond as players who impressed during OTAs and minicamp and who could compete for roles in a wide-open Detroit receiving corps during training camp.
In a recent interview with Peter Bukowski of Locked On Packers, Packers TE Jace Sternberger pointed to QB Aaron Rodgers and HC Matt LaFleur as “big advocates” of mental health awareness within the Packers locker room.
“You have to give props to 12,” Sternberger said, via PackersWire. “He’s made that a very big issue in the locker room and the organization…Aaron was a big advocate with Dr. (Chris) Carr. Basically, it’s ok to have feelings, and it’s ok to discuss things. Just love yourself.”
Sternberger stated that the Packers consistently make it a priority to help players any way that they can.
“Coach LaFleur and his staff, they have taken that with such pride. From hiring Chris Carr to be a personal sports psychiatrist therapist for everyone, and just how serious they’ve taken the whole mental health thing,” Sternberger responded.
Sternberger has dealt with mental health issues during his time in the NFL, but the Packers have been a huge boon to the third-year TE, remaining steadfast in their support for him.
“I don’t think I could have gone to a better organization to get help,” Sternberger said. “To give teams advice, I would say call coach LaFleur and literally copycat what they are doing. Just how they are handling everything. I do feel comfortable. I could talk to any of our coaches and they would be there to help. Props to them.”
- The Athletic’s Arif Hasan takes a look at nine players on the roster bubble for the Vikings, including DEs Jalyn Holmes, Hercules Mata’afa and Kenny Willekes. He says all three are fighting for spots and it’s possible all three don’t make the cut.
- At wide receiver, Hasan thinks that K.J. Osborn, Dan Chisena and Olabisi Johnson are competing for one roster spot, and all three could be on the wrong side of the bubble if someone like rookie UDFA Blake Proehl balls at camp.
- Hasan notes Vikings CB Harrison Hand‘s work on special teams last season, as well as his improved defensive play during OTAs, might give him the inside track for the No. 5 corner job ahead of Kris Boyd, who might need to force Minnesota to carry six at the position to secure a roster spot.
- Vikings G Dru Samia isn’t guaranteed a roster spot despite starting for a decent chunk of 2020, per Hasan.
- He adds Jake Browning and Nathan Stanley are likely battling for the No. 3 quarterback role, which is probably a spot on the practice squad.