- Mike Klis reports that the Lions and Broncos discussed a trade before this year’s deadline that would have swapped cornerbacks Chris Harris and Darius Slay. However, the Lions wanted move included in the trade than just Harris, so a deal never got close.
- According to Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press, if the Lions decide to bring back DT Mike Daniels, it will be for less than the one-year, $7.8 million deal he signed in July.
- Birkett points out Lions G Graham Glasgow could also elect to leave in free agency since Detroit has been determined to use him in a rotation instead of as the lone starter.
- While Lions CB Rashaan Melvin has lost his starting job, Detroit could still bring him back due to uncertainty around CB Darius Slay‘s long-term future with the team.
- Birkett expects the Lions to move on from DT A’Shawn Robinson, G Oday Aboushi, QB Jeff Driskel, LB Miles Killebrew and P Sam Martin.
- Birkett mentions there’s a good chance the Lions elect to bring back WR Danny Amendola, G Kenny Wiggins, TE Logan Thomas, S Tavon Wilson and LS Don Muhlbach.
The Rams were officially eliminated from the playoffs on Saturday night following a last-second loss to the 49ers. It punctuated a steep fall from grace for Los Angeles this season after representing the NFC in the Super Bowl last season, and QB Jared Goff said what everyone associated with the Rams was thinking.
“It’s extremely disappointing,” Goff said via ESPN’s Lindsey Thiry. “You never envision something like this when you start the year. It’s not even close to the standard that we want to hold. It’s sickening.”
- Rams HC Sean McVay told reporters after the game that rookie RB Darrell Henderson will undergo right ankle surgery. (Gary Klein)
- McVay said that CB Jalen Ramsey knee injury will continue to be tested and evaluated.
- Redskins rookie QB Dwayne Haskins said owner Dan Snyder told him not to return to the game after leaving with an injury. He did, however, lobby to return to the game, but the team held him out. Haskins said X-rays were negative but he will still undergo an MRI. (John Keim)
- Haskins later Tweeted a clarification regarding his earlier comments: “I need to clarify something from my press conference. Dr. West advised me that I was done for this game. Dan Snyder who was in the locker room supporting me, told me I’ve got to listen to the Doctor. Looking forward to getting back healthy for Skins Nation.”