Panthers HC Matt Rhule said QB Teddy Bridgewater will be a “game-time decision” and his status depends on his pre-game evaluation.
“I truly feel it will be a game-time decision,” said Rhule, via Joe Person of The Athletic.
- According to Ian Rapoport, the Panthers “haven’t given up on the idea” of QB Teddy Bridgewater (knee) starting in Week 11 after resting this week before “moving around better” in Friday’s practice.
- Bridgewater wasn’t thinking about his 2016 left knee injury when he suffered a right knee sprain recently: “Nah. Honestly. I was fine in my mind. Being what I went through in my left one. I knew the feeling I was feeling and it wasn’t the same. I didn’t have too many concerns.’’ (David Newton)
- David Newton of ESPN points out that Rhule said earlier this week that he does not expect LT Russell Okung (calf) or CB Donte Jackson (toe) to play Week 11. Both players are currently listed as doubtful.
- Rhule indicated that he informed Panthers’ rookie CB Troy Pride Jr. earlier this week that he will start in place of Jackson.
- OUT for Week 11: RB Christian McCaffrey (shoulder).
- DOUBTFUL for Week 11: CB Donte Jackson (toe), LT Russell Okung (calf), RG John Miller (ankle, knee).
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 11: QB Teddy Bridgewater (knee), CB Rasul Douglas (ankle), S Sam Franklin (ankle), DE Yetur Gross-Matos (shoulder), DE Marquis Haynes (shoulder), TE Chris Manhertz (shoulder), LB Tahir Whitehead (rib)
Saints’ RB Alvin Kamara didn’t practice on Thursday and is still being hampered by a foot injury that he first suffered in practice two weeks ago.
His availability is still unchanged for Sunday and he expects quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill to be just as ready as he is in the absence of Drew Brees, who is expected to miss two games due to rib and lung injuries.
“For everybody, honestly, I’m going to tell the truth,” Kamara said, via Pro Football Talk. “We’ve still got to play. We don’t get an automatic bye week because Drew’s not playing or because anybody’s not playing. We’ve got to play still. It is what it is. They get paid to play just like Drew gets paid to play, so they’ll be ready.”
- Jeremy Fowler of ESPN points out that Saints QB Jameis Winston misses out on incentives by not starting Week 11’s game, including $55,000 for every game in which he plays 50 percent of the snaps, but only if the team surpasses passing or rushing averages from 2019.
- OUT for Week 11: TE Josh Hill (concussion), RB Dwayne Washington (back)
- QUESTIONABLE for Week 11: CB Marshon Lattimore (abdomen)