- Buccaneers HC Dirk Koetter said that WR DeSean Jackson is good to go for Sunday’s game against the Cowboys after missing the past three weeks with a thumb injury. (Greg Auman)
- Buccaneers waived DB Reese Fleming from injured reserve. (NFLTR)
- Falcons HC Dan Quinn told reporters on Friday that WR Julio Jones (hip/rib) will be a game-time decision in Week 16. (Vaughn McClure)
Panthers veteran LB Thomas Davis reiterated that he wants to return to Carolina next season if possible.
“If it’s up to me, it’s not,” Davis said, via Panthers.com. “It’s extremely tough having that uncertainty, not really knowing what’s going to happen in the future. But at the same time, it’s out of my control, so it’s not something I can really dwell on. It’s all about going out and playing hard and competing for my teammates.”
“Man, I only want to wear these colors. I’ve expressed that over and over,” Davis added. “But at the same time, you know I don’t want to be put into a situation where I’m forced to walk away too early. We’ll see what happens.”
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera believes TE Greg Olsen is eager to begin rehab and continue his playing career next year. (Max Henson)
- The Carolina Panthers officially ruled out QB Cam Newton (right shoulder) for Week 16’s game and list DT Kawann Short (not injury related, calf) as questionable.