- Greg Auman notes that the Buccaneers should have around $3 million in remaining cap space after signing first-round ILB Devin White to a four-year rookie contract.
- According to Auman, the Buccaneers “will almost certainly” place veteran DE Jason Pierre-Paul on the NFI list at the start of training camp next week.
- D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes to keep an eye on the battle for the backup running back position in training camp. Second-year RB Ito Smith has the lead, but the team likes rookie Qadree Ollison‘s size and physicality.
- Ledbetter mentions that first-round G Chris Lindstrom will compete with veteran Jamon Brown to start at right guard while first-round OT Kaleb McGary will compete with OT Ty Sambrailo, who signed a three-year extension in Atlanta, for the right tackle spot.
- The Falcons could replace FB Ricky Ortiz with TE Luke Stocker, who has experience playing fullback in college.
- Rookie WR Marcus Green and veteran RB Kenjon Barner will compete to return kicks for the Falcons.
- Falcons S Ricardo Allen said he feels good entering training camp, though he left open how much he’ll participate early on as he’s recovering from an Achilles injury. (Kelsey Conway)
- The Charlotte Observer’s Brendan Marks writes that free-agent signing C Matt Paradis is expected to make his debut at the start of training camp after breaking his leg last year.
- Marks mentions that RB Cameron Artis-Payne has the lead for the backup running back job because of his experience, but fifth-round RB Jordan Scarlett and undrafted free agent RB Elijah Holyfield are competing for the third-string spot, with the Panthers likely trying to sneak the loser onto the practice squad.
- Per Marks, the Panthers don’t have a history of contract holdouts and that shouldn’t change with first-round DE Brian Burns, who has yet to sign his rookie contract ahead of Wednesday’s training camp reporting date.
Looking for the latest NFL Insider News & Rumors?
Be sure to follow NFL Trade Rumors on TWITTER and FACEBOOK for breaking NFL News and Rumors for all 32 teams!